Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Stressed!

I'd just like to vent for a lil bit... So, as you know, I started a new job as the HR Manager at Target at the beginning of September. I really like it; it encompasses all the things in HR that I wanted to be doing. It keeps me super busy; I have over 130 employees and they keep me hoppin with schedules, time off, etc.

Another part of my job is closing one night a week and being the only manager on duty. Can I just say that this stresses me out beyond belief!? I'm a wreck the whole night, while still trying to be completely nice and friendly with the employees... Then, even after the building is closed and the alarm system is up, I stress about it the whole drive home and then I can't sleep at night! I am going crazy! So if anyone has any good ideas as to how I can relax and wind down, then that would be fabulous! It would be great for my sake... and poor Jarv's sake.

5 comments:

Lacy said...

Love the house..super cute! As for the stress, i can understand why you would be! All i can say is to try maybe some deep breathing exercises and jam loud music on the way home and sing at the top of your lungs!

Moke said...

Man I totally understand why you are stressed. I don't think I could handle that?! Props for that. The only suggestion I might have it to pray for help and do some stress releaving activites

MIKE AND SAMMI said...

Just take it in stride. When you close have a checklist and go over it again before you leave. Seriously you just have to know that you did your best and if anything goes wrong it will be okay! People make mistakes, if you do just pick yourself up, admit the mistake and go on. I know that feeling though. Mine is when color is on someone's hair and I have to wait for it to process. 99.9% of the time it's great and they love it but there's always that .01% of the time that their hair takes weird or I made a stupid mistake when applying the color. I feel like a dork but I apologize, fix it and get over it. Easier said than done, I know.

Misty Call said...

Hey Mand, I'm sorry to hear work is stressing you out... hang in there! I don't really have any stress relief tips... back massages are always nice & relaxing. Tell Jarv to get going on that! lol Anyways, one thing I know for sure about you is that there's nothing you can't do! You are amazing at everything, so I'm sure you'll feel like a pro at your new job in no time!

Ashley said...

Mand, sorry your stressed, you have a really intense job! You are amazing! If you need someone to talk to help de-stress, just give me a jingle..love ya!