Wednesday, October 22, 2008

For real home owners now!

So just yesterday, Jarv and I found out that we are home owners! It's kinda a crazy story too...

So we had bid on the house in Coral Canyon that we had mentioned in a recent post. Things were looking pretty good for us getting that house, but it was on a short sale and was taking forever! So we started looking around at other houses. We found this other house last Tuesday that we really liked, and even better, it wasn't on a short sale! It needs work, but it has a lot more potential to be a super cute house. Anyways, so we put in a bid on the house that same day.

On Thursday, we found out that at the last minute, someone had put a bid in for cash! Yeah, I know, I couldn't believe it... So today we thought that we hadn't gotten the house and weren't hoping for anything. But then, we got a call today telling us that the cash deal had fallen through so the bank decided to sell it to us! We are so excited! This is it... like I said, it'll need some love; the yard is like completely dead. That tends to happen when no one has lived there for 5 months. I'm kinda diggin the palm tree though.

Isn't that front window so cute?! I loved that! The entrance way and throughout the house has hardwood floors. The paint inside right now is like mint green -yeah, I know; that'll be fixed immediately!- When we move in, we'll have to have a party for everyone to see. But really, we are so excited!

8 comments:

Dj,Megs & 5 Beautiful kids said...

Congrats! That is so exciting! It's very cute

Kim said...

Congrats it is way cute! The whole home-buying thing and waiting for your offer to be accepted is no fun but it sounds like you guys made it through no problem. Enjoy working on it together, ours is a much bigger "work in progress" but it is a lot of fun to clean/fix/paint together!

Moke said...

Oh Mand! I am so happy for you, (and Jealous) It is so cute and I am glad you guys found something you love. You definately need to have a party (maybe a Fixer up party and we can come help....wait, what am I getting myself into?)But i definatly need to come see it!

Trav and Amanda said...

Woo Hoo! That's so great! I'm excited to see it! Where is it exactly?

Shane and Kendra said...

Congratulations! How exciting for you both!

Misty Call said...

Hooray! You're finally done with house hunting! How does it feel? I'm so excited for you and can't wait to see it. I agree with Moke, we seriously should have a girls' weekend and do some fixer upper projects. Anywho, hope to see you soon!

Ashley said...

Cute cute!! I like it alot! Congrats, that is way exciting! I'm going to have to come down and see it!

Kasidee said...

Oh cute! I love it. I'm way excited for you guys and I'm not gonna lie a little jealous. Thanks so much for the birthday flowers, that was so sweet of you guys. It was so fun to visit with you guys! Now you guys are probably moving out of the ward though, that's a bummer!