Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Softball Sluts

This last weekend, Jarvy and I played in an all night coed softball tournament in Washington. It was really fun; we had a really good time, up until the last game. The team we ended up playing the last game was super intense. Ya know, the kind of team that aims their line drives at people... For example, the game before they played us, one of the guys hit a line drive at the other team's pitcher... who was a girl! And it nearly broke her arm!

Anyways, so we are playing this supe intense, crazy team, with Jarv pitching and I playing 1st base. Then one of the guys hit a hard line drive that hit Jarv in the shoulder. Anyone who plays a lot of slow pitch softball and is really good, knows that you can place your hits. So... this guy hit Jarv on purpose basically. Then after a couple other hits, I get a pretty good hit slammed at me; I didn't think much of it until later when I overheard the guys on their team talking, saying that I was playing too close. Then the guy who hit the ball at me made a comment along the lines of "that's why I just hit where I just did..."

Basically, so what I'm getting at, or venting about, is that why do these guys have to be so crazy about old man softball!? I mean, seriously, I love the competition and playing, but there are men that have taken it to a whole new level! It just makes me sick that to make them feel good, they need to slam line drives at people! I just don't understand it... It also scares me to death that they hit Jarv in the shoulder when that is so close to his face! Scary! I just hate it so much! Dang softball sluts, anways! K... that was my vent sesh.

4 comments:

Lacy said...

Thats insane! People need to chill, its just a game. Glad you guys didn't get seriously hurt.

Mike and Michelle said...

Old man softball! Well you did good keeping your temper, I dont know if I would have been able to! I'm glad you're ok!

Misty Call said...

They sound absolutely crazy! It's messed up that they hit Jarv, but it's extra wrong to try and hit you! What gentlemen eh! There's competiveness and then there's just craziness! I'm glad you're not hurt though:)

Ashley said...

Well maybe if you weren't playing so close they wouldn't aim it at you...hahaha JK. I agree some people take it way to far it's ridiculous, softball is fun and it's fun to play intense, but when it comes down to it it is just a game! but it sounds like a fun tourny other than that :)