Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Our lil tree...

Awhile ago, my fam came down to visit and see our house for the first time, so my dad wanted to bring Jarv and I a house warming gift. He decided to bring us this sweet palm tree lookin thing in a pretty cool pot. On the way down, they drove through a little snow storm. By the time they got to our house, the tree was a little frozen and... dead. I was really ticked about it cuz it was a sweet lookin tree. Jarv cut it from the stump and we've just kinda been keeping it, hoping to either keep the pot or have something else sprout.

Well, the other day, I came home to a little sprout in our pot! I was so stinkin excited! To make it even better, awhile later, another sprout popped up! So we have 2little sprouts that happened to pop up like in the middle of our pot! Needless to say, I most definitely thought that was something to blog about! These are the things that bring joy in my life... haha!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Mandy, Congrats on your little tree!

I just wanted to say thanks for inviting me to your slumber party. I'm sorry I couldn't make, I really wish that I could have. I really appreciate the invite. We definetely
need to hang out again!

Lacy said...

How cute! Thats neat it is growing after being basically dead!

Misty Call said...

It's the little tree that could eh! That's pretty sweet!!! So how are things going? We need to get together soon. We're moving in May, and it'll be here before we know it. Oh and I'm making my blog private so make sure you leave your email in a comment for me.

Ashley said...

Nice Tree!! That is sweet that its still growing and hanging there, what a trooper! So excited for dodgeball this weekend!! haha...

Jamilyn said...

mandi! thanks for coming up. i really appreciate your support and love. i want to keep in touch with you, so you better write me. jami will be updating my blog for me every once in a while, just to let you know. love ya!

The Ungermans said...

Aww how cute! Thats so fun

Annie Empey said...

I felt the same way when my little tulips started coming up!
Hey we need your email address so we can send you an invite to our blog......we are going private soon.
Hope all is well :-)

bjmdonan said...

has your tree grown anymore? im waiting for more updates on your blog lady. merrick is getting so big he tries to say other words but its still not clear what hes saying exactly.