Saturday, February 21, 2009

Fun-filled weekend!

This weekend was my weekend off, which is something that I always look forward to, whether we have something planned or not. But this weekend, we planned to go to the Parade of Homes with our friends, Daniel and Annie. I had never been, so I was really excited. We spent like 4 hours and saw 4 homes. These are crazy cool homes! One home that we saw was over 15,000 square feet and consisted of a basketball court, racquet ball court, and climbing wall. It was really amazing to me... I think I could seriously get lost in that house. The stairs alone were kicking my butt walking up and down them! (Which is why, I'm guessing, they have an elevator! Yeah, really!) Sorry that I forgot my camera at home, so I don't have any pics.

Later that afternoon, one of my most favorite people, Brittany Donan, came down to do a "Slumber Party" for me. I was a little nervous about how others would be about it, but it was so super fun! I really loved it! And Britt is so stinkin cute that she was able to make it completely fun and not awkward for anyone. I would highly recommend having her do one for you ladies! It was a fun afternoon with just the girls. The boys were kicked out for the afternoon... but I think they were ok with it because they were able to go shooting and "site-in" their guns.

But it was definitely a good weekend off. Now we just get to finish it off by speaking in church tomorrow! ;)

5 comments:

Kim said...

Uh yeah I bet the boys didn't mind! Sounds like fun! How is the new house coming?

Misty Call said...

It sounds like you guys had a fun, wild time at the Slumber Party. I wish I could have made it. I know the party itself would have been fun, but I mostly just wanted to see you and Britt. It's been forever!!!

Ashley said...

Sounds fun!! I'm sorry I had to miss the "slumber party" haha-I'm not sure it would be appropriate for me ;) but I am sad I missed seeing Brit, it's been awhile, it would have been fun to get us all together! But i'm glad you had fun !! It's always fun to have those "no boys allowed parties" ha

Nate and Sum said...

Hey this is Summer. We just started a blog. We are going private soon, so leave a comment with your email address so we can invite you. I love the pictures of your new house.

bjmdonan said...

hey mand i wanted to write sooner but my computer is dumb and it wouldn't let me! anyways....i had a blast that weekend your friends are so much fun, im glad they had fun too! plus it was a nice vacation that i desperately needed. i will have to come and do another one for you sometime! thanks again for letting me do one for you.. and your house is so so cute! JEALOUS!!! well talk to you later luv ya!